ONE ROOM CHALLENGE FALL 2022 – WEEK EIGHT
What a journey! I am so happy to see this finish line. Although it came later than I expected. I am so proud and excited to share this space with you. Thank you One Room Challenge & Apartment Therapy for allowing the platform for RHS to show off my personal aesthetic of “Afro-Eclectic.”
Let Us Revisit – THE GAME PLAN! WANTS & NEEDS
Please do not start any project without a plan. I REPEAT! Every project must start with a game plan!! When it comes to our hallway we need:
- Update and add new lighting (on dimmers of course) by replacing builder-grade boob lights with sculptural lighting and possibly installing a new light fixture placement.
- Continue the flooring from the bedroom into the hallway as we currently have a concrete-painted floor. We purchased extra during our bedroom updates a while back.
- Remove, replace, and add trim, base, and crown moldings for architectural interest.
- Replace ALL doors and change all hardware. We plan to replace all of them at some point, but just focus on the two main ones in the south view as they are focal points.
- Paint doors, walls, and all trim in a bold color to make it stand out and set the tone for other rejuvenation projects in our home.
- Install wallpaper on walls and ceilings for pattern play. make them smooth. Even considering a texture for above the chair rail.
- Add overflow storage from my office since I work from home. Not sure if I want a credenza or a bookshelf yet, but it will be very functional.
UPDATE: added two storage pieces.
- Add texture by doing a DIY wall paint treatment to look like wallpaper. UPDATE: After a bit of trial decide it was too much texture on top of two bold pattern wallpapers.
- Add bold art and impactful accessories.
- Find an antique rug runner to be an exclamation point on the entire space and add some necessary softness underfoot.
A SPECIAL THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS
Everything turned out so well thanks to our partners with some incredible sponsors. I will give more details in our IG stories as additional ad partners and sponsor donations to come in. Thank you to the following sponsors:
MY CONSTRUCTION TEAM WAS CLUTCH! I could not have done this without them. Thank you GL Flooring & Home Solutions.
Do you want to see more behind-the-scenes and the real deal live action, check our IG stories on our Rejuvenation Home Studio Instagram page and the ORC FALL 2022 Highlight.
Please be sure to follow along on this journey with us! We will be posting more details every week so don’t forget to head over to our Instagram and Pinterest pages and give us a follow. We would really love to have you.
Photography by: Tina Sargeant