ONE ROOM CHALLENGE FALL 2022 – WEEK ONE
Hello there! Welcome as we launch for the One Room Challenge (ORC). We are so exited you decided join us here at Rejuvenation Home Studio. This is our first time participating. We are excited to share more details about the project we decided to rejuvenate!
Most of you are new here, so please allow me to introduce myself. I am Star the Founder + Creative Director of Rejuvenation Home Studio. I established RHS in 2018, based in Central Florida. We are a full service interior design firm specializing in luxury residential and boutiques commercial projects.
I am dedicated to refining my craft and giving new energy to the soul of every project. I am responsible for creating functional interiors with the intention of influencing the quality of life of its occupants through artful beauty, visual excitement, materiality, and quality craftmanship.
WHAT IS THE ORC?
This is a biannual interior design event that takes place every Spring and Fall with featured and guest participants. ORC provides participants with a supportive, enthusiastic forum in which to share the process of transforming a room. The ORC is not a competition, but rather a celebration of creativity, inspiration, and original ideas.
RHS has stood by and watched a for many years waiting for the perfect timing to participate in the amazing event. But guess what? There is never going to be a perfect time. Just get out of your comfort zone, make up your mind, and do it.
LET’S GET TO THE GOOD PART! THE SPACE
For this challenge, We are designing our hallway. The main artery of our home as its the only way to access all the bedrooms. This is will be the first of many rejuvenated projects.
The focus of this space is to create a storytelling journey of discovery and inspiration. It leads right into what will soon be my home office. No matter what or how I am feeling, by walking through this space I will receive a jolt of good energy to tackle anything the day throws at me. Like any project we have already started conceptual by building a Pinterest Board. This is an important part of “client homework” in the design process as it conveys the look & feel of the space. Here is my main inspiration image:
THE GAME PLAN! WANTS & NEEDS
Please do not start any project without a plan. I REPEAT! Every project must start with a game plan!! When it comes to our hallway we need:
- to update and add new lighting (on dimmers of course) by replacing builder grade boob lights with sculptural lighting and possibly installing a new light fixture placement then,
- to continue the flooring from the bedroom into the hallway as we currently have concrete painted floor. We purchased extra during our bedroom updates awhile back.
- to remove, replace and add trim, base and crown moldings for architectural interest
- to replace two doors and change all hardware. We plan to replace all of them at some point, but just focusing on the two main int he south view as they are focal points
- to paint doors, walls and all trim in bold color to make it stand out and se the tone for other rejuvenation projects in our home
- install wallpaper on walls and ceilings for pattern play
- to add overflow storage from my office since I work from home. Not sure if I wan a credenza or a bookshelf yet, but it will be very functional
- to add texture by doing a DIY wall paint treatment to look like wallpaper
- to add bold art and impactful accessories
- to find an antique rug runner to be an exclamation point on the entire space and add some necessary softness underfoot
Please be sure to follow along on this journey with us! We will be posting more details every week and don’t for get to head over to our Instagram and Pinterest pages and give us a follow. We would really love to have you.
Thank you One Room Challenge for giving us a space to be creative and show off our distinct aesthetic. Apartment Therapy is the media sponsor. See you next week!
I love your thought process with this hallway design to create a space that energizes you throughout the day! Excited to follow along 🙂
Thank you so much Lindsey!